Cross-border promotion for Thai Cardmembers with the Bicester Village Shopping Collection® saw an over 100% increase in spend. From January 2019 to December 2019 JCB data showed spend growth at over 163% at Bicester Village (UK) and 148% at La Vallée Village (France).
How this partnership came to life:
- JCB International (Europe) Ltd. worked with JCB International Holding (Thailand) Co. Ltd and the Bicester Village Shopping Collection to promote the Villages, brands, and special offers and benefits.
- JCB International Holding (Thailand) Co. Ltd promoted each ‘activated’ Village in Europe fortnightly (the Villages are in Italy, France, UK, Spain and Germany) from October 2019 to December 2019 on Facebook.
- JCB International Holding (Thailand) Co. Ltd worked with issuer bank partners to promote on their channels too (such as KTC and KCC).
The objective was to reward JCB cardmembers for making high-priced purchases with Galeries Lafayette whilst boosting sales and building brand resonance for Galeries Lafayette with JCB cardmembers.
Facts, figures and additional value:
- JCB International Holding (Thailand) Co. Ltd promoted the offer to their social media following of 66,000
- Number of post views reached 20,000
- JCB’s issuing bank partner KTC saw an increase in spend from Jan-Dec 2019 vs Jan-Dec 2018 of 89%
- JCB’s issuing bank partner KCC saw an increase in spend from Jan-Dec 2019 vs Jan-Dec 2018 of 114%
The first Village within The Bicester Village Shopping Collection opened in the heart of Oxfordshire in 1995. There are now 11 Villages in Europe and China, each with its own unique edit of world-leading brands offering savings of up to 60% and more in Europe and up to 80% in China. The Villages are in diverse locations, and The Bicester Village Shopping Collection’s vision is to be the best shopping destination in the world.
“For brands, the physical retail space is the only way to make a personal connection with their customers, build elusive brand equity and achieve customer loyalty.
While for efficiency there is online, for the ultimate experience we all need the human touch. The role of The Bicester Village Shopping Collection is to create high-quality memories through physical retail experiences, inspiring the world’s most discerning consumers to discover and embrace the globe’s most important brands.”
- Desirée Bollier, Chair & Chief Merchant, The Bicester Village Shopping Collection by Value Retail
JCB is a major global payment brand and a leading credit card issuer and acquirer in Japan. JCB launched its card business in Japan in 1961 and began expanding worldwide in 1981. Its acceptance network includes 34 million merchants in the world. JCB cards are now issued in 24 countries and territories with more than 140 million cardmembers.