How this campaign came to life:
From July 2021 to October 2021, JCB partnered with LUISAVIAROMA (LVR) to offer JCB cardmembers from Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam, Philippines, and China, etc. an exclusive 10% discount code with purchase when spending Є300 or more online.
The main objective for LVR was to build brand awareness across the APAC region by creating a bespoke promotion to target JCB’s cardmembers, who are globally known as high-net-worth.
- Increase LVR's brand resonance across JCB's issuing markets including Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam, the Philippines, and China, etc.
- Grow the average transaction volume on the LVR international website by welcoming JCB cardmembers with an exclusive discount code to be used during the 3-month campaign period when shopping with their JCB card.
Promotion through JCB proprietary channels, paid media & bank issuer distribution using the following four-step process:
- JCB’s issuing markets – China, Taiwan, South Korea, Thailand, Hong Kong, Vietnam, and Indonesia – created a special offer page on their website
- JCB developed social media promotions across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Naver, VK, Weibo, and WeChat
- JCB designed various paid media ads
- Partner banks in issuing regions also shared the special offer via numerous distribution channels, to encourage JCB cardmember spend and take up of the offer
- 5.8M JCB global social media followers were exposed to the campaign
- 8.77M+ overall impressions with 14.5K clicks were gained on Google advertising
- The campaign provided 25% increase in net new customers to LVR
- JCB brought an average spend per transaction which is 30% higher than the maximum spend threshold of this campaign
- Unique Codes – LVR and JCB learned that unique codes have a lower success rate when multiple promotions are live
- Brand resonance – LVRs competitors are much more prevalent in Asia, but the campaign helped to contribute to some growth of the LVR brand
- Technicalities had a negative impact on sales for October. The learning is to test the cardmember journey each month