JCB data shows a 22% YOY growth in total spend across La Vallée Village in 2019 with JCB cardmembers from Korea, Thailand, Vietnam, Bahrain and the Philippines increasing spend by over 50%.
JCB International (Europe) Ltd. worked with JCB issuing markets (including Japan, Singapore, China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Thailand, and Russia), the JCB Paris PLAZA, and The Bicester Shopping Collection® to promote La Vallée Village, the brands, special offers and discounts to JCB’s 140+ million cardmembers.
Key milestones throughout 2019:
- Cross-border campaigns with JCB’s issuing markets via JCB’s global social media platforms
- JCB’s destination campaign ‘Visit Paris’ encouraged additional brand spend and awareness
- JCB’s issuing countries collaborated with bank partners to expand the promotion
- JCB and The Bicester Village Shopping Collection made websites available in 11 languages
- The JCB Paris PLAZA shared leaflets about offers available to JCB cardmembers at the Village.
- JCB sales teams worked with merchants in the Village about the importance of displaying the JCB logo to give JCB cardmembers confidence to pay with their preferred payment method
Additional measures for success:
- Number of JCB social media followers exposed to campaign: 5.8 million
- Number of post views: 291,000
- Promotions and special offers for cardmembers with brands such as L’Occitane and Furia: 10% OFF
- Strategic alliance between JCB and The Bicester Village Shopping Collection: 2 years
La Vallée Village is the most successful outlet shopping destination in France and is located next to Disneyland® Paris (one of Europe’s most visited tourist attractions). With its pedestrianised street and intimately scaled buildings, La Vallée Village evokes the charming rural towns and villages of the Ile-de-France region. More than 170 nationalities visit La Vallée Village every year, with half the number of visitors being tourists, reflecting the Village’s international appeal.
“Asian shoppers have high expectations of luxury brands, and The Bicester Village Shopping Collection is committed to understanding the ever-evolving global consumers’ preferences by offering a physical shopping experience, where they can engage directly with the brand: a visit to a Village is ‘a day out’ –not ‘a transaction’, not a ‘mouse click’. And hospitality is key to offering an experience that is memorable.”
- Marcelo Molinari, Tourism Director – Destination Marketing, The Bicester Village Shopping Collection
JCB is a major global payment brand and a leading credit card issuer and acquirer in Japan. JCB launched its card business in Japan in 1961 and began expanding worldwide in 1981. Its acceptance network includes 34 million merchants in the world. JCB cards are now issued in 24 countries and territories with more than 140 million Cardmembers.