The JCB PLAZA Lounge Paris collaborated with Galeries Lafayette Haussmann to share luxury vouchers with JCB cardmembers for a deluxe gift with purchase. The promotion was so popular that the gifts needed to be replenished to support the remainder of the campaign.
How this campaign came to life:
In 2019, JCB partnered with Galeries Lafayette Paris Haussmann to offer JCB cardmembers from Japan, South Korea, Thailand, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Singapore a tiered, exclusive gift-with-purchase:
- €50 spend: Galeries Lafayette Shopping Bag
- €175 spend: Lexon Mini Speaker
- €500 spend: Small Le Pliage Longchamp Bag + Access to the “Concierge” Lounge, and VIP tax refund service
- €1000 spend: Large Le Pliage Longchamp Bag + Access to the “Concierge” Lounge and VIP tax refund service
The objective was to reward JCB cardmembers for making high-priced purchases with Galeries Lafayette whilst boosting sales and building brand resonance for Galeries Lafayette with JCB cardmembers.
FACTS, FIGURES & ADDITIONAL VALUE:
One of the best JCBIE promotional conversation rates ever! With over:
- 1,000 luxury vouchers shared at the JCB PLAZA Lounge Paris
- The campaign was promoted across JCB social media channels and local websites for all 6 regions and had the following impressions: 200,000
- JCB cardmembers from Hong Kong increased their spend with Galeries Lafayette during the campaign by 242%
- Average overall JCB cardmember spend increased with Galeries Lafayette during the campaign by 22%
JCB is a major global payment brand and a leading credit card issuer and acquirer in Japan. JCB launched its card business in Japan in 1961 and began expanding worldwide in 1981. Its acceptance network includes 35 million merchants in the world. JCB cards are now issued in 20 countries and territories with more than 140 million cardmembers.
About Galeries Lafayette Paris Haussmann:
Galeries Lafayette Paris Haussmann is the first European department store, in terms of sales, with 37 million visitors each year, hosting over 2,000 brands from all around the world. Galeries Lafayette is an upmarket, established department store which opened in 1894. Its flagship store is on Boulevard Haussmann in the 9th arrondissement of Paris, but it now operates in several other locations in France and other countries.
“We would like to thank the JCB team for the partnership that we have been developing for several years. The last digital JCB & GL campaign (01/04 -31/12 of 2019) generated a very positive image and ROI through different communication channels such as Instagram or Facebook for both companies.
The Galeries Lafayette team was very glad to welcome JCB cardmembers using e-vouchers distributed during this digital campaign. The special gifts that we have distributed upon a minimum amount of purchase with JCB cards generated not only many transactions, but also an added value for their shopping experience in Paris. We do hope to renew our collaboration when it will be possible.”
- Azbileg Tsamba-Incerto, Direction Clientèle Internationale, International Sales Manager, Galaries Lafayette